The Anthroposphere: The realm of Humans
Although we depend entirely on the Atmosphere, Biosphere and Lithosphere for life as we know it, the Anthroposphere distinguishes our life and decision-making from that of the rest of the abiotic and biotic world.
- The Anthropocene: An Introduction | Videos
- Welcome to the Anthropocene
- The Anthroposphere – Aspen Global Change Institute
- Human Impact
- Human pressure on land is increasing shows world map
- Humans: The real threat to life on Earth
- Timelapse: Watch the world change
- Your life on Earth (Interactive Time Line)
Geography has an important connection to the past. If we can understand what past geographies were like, we can better understand what life was like and how humans peopled the planet.